Are you a hands on Transport Manager looking to progress your career and join a business willing to invest in your future? If so then please apply for this role!
Futures are looking for a Transport Manager capable of creating a more efficient transport function for a regional manufacturing business. The successful Transport Manager will be working with transport operational KPIs to tight deadlines and drive improvements by engaging the team and promoting a positive culture. You’ll be managing around 20 drivers from the company’s own fleet of vans, C1 and C2 vehicles, and have responsibility for the site’s operator licence and compliance. On offer is the opportunity to join a fast paced manufacturing business that invest thoroughly in their staff, giving the freedom and flexibility to create a great working atmosphere.
Transport Manager Objective
To lead the transport function; day to day management of operations and staff overseeing distribution operations on site with a hands on attitude
Transport Manager – Role and Responsibility:
– Running the transport and logistics for business as the sole Transport Manager reporting into the Managing Director
– Managing multiple orders, dealing with a large volume of daily orders and up to 20 drivers
– Manage route planning and scheduling
– Ensure the right level of staffing, transport and resources are being used efficiently to cope with delivery volume
– Responsibility of the level of customer service represented throughout the transport function of the business
– The Transport Manager has responsibility of the transport budget and will see to drive profitability of the operation
– A hands on Transport Manager capable of working on the planning will be successful within this role
Transport Manager Skills and Abilities
– CPC Certificate of Professional Competence
– A good understanding of multi-temperature warehouse procedures and compliance
– Supervisory / Management experience, ideally in an FMCG warehousing environment
– Proficient in Transport/Warehouse management systems
– Management and control of top-level cost and productivity KPIs
– Specialising in Logistics will engage you in managing the warehouse teams: Goods In, Selection or Goods Out and the training will ensure you are ready to lead either team successfully
– Hands on Transport Manager happy to get stuck in when needed, sleeves rolled up type attitude
This is an exciting opportunity to join a positive, supportive team, and earn the utmost in employee rewards and career development at a well-known manufacturing business as the Head of Transport. With the ability to give the transport side of the business your own flair, this opportunity really does speak for itself.
Transport Manager, Planning, Manufacturing, Drivers, WarehousingApply now