Futures are currently working for an Automotive OEM client looking for a Powertrain Rig Design and Test Engineer to join their expanding team within Product Development. Our client offers a wide range of opportunities available to suit some of the best people and brightest minds in the automotive industry.
Test Rig Design Engineer – Role and Responsibilities – Test, Powertrain, Automotive, HIL, Engineering
* Interrogate vehicle architecture documents in order to understand the design requirements of the HIL (Hardware In the Loop) simulation rig. Design and specify the HIL rig hardware.
* Develop and integrate the Simulink plant models that will run on the rig to simulate the vehicle behaviour.
* Interrogate vehicle system behaviour specification and write corresponding automated tests that will run on the HIL rig.
* Run the tests and debug the environment in order to sign off vehicle level control features.
* Understand complex vehicle and powertrain features and write automated tests to validate the features in the ECUTest test automation tool.
Test Rig Design Engineer – Skills and Abilities – Test, Powertrain, Automotive, HIL, Engineering
* Experience in designing and running robust software tests.
* Significant experience in the Matlab Simulink tool chain.
* Experience of control theory.
* Proven ability to communicate and work with others.
* Understanding of SW development processes.
* Use of Agile tool chains e.g. JIRA, GitHub or similar.
Test Rig design Engineer – Experience Required – Test, Powertrain, Automotive, HIL, Engineering
* Significant experience in HIL rig use and development.
* Significant experience of vehicle systems architectures.
* Experience of HIL rig hardware and software tools.
* Experience of vehicle diagnostics systems
* Experience using ECUTest test scripting tool or similar.
If you have any of the above knowledge and experience, and are interested in hearing more about the opportunities, please apply now!Apply now