We are currently seeking a talented Sales Manager with a proven track record of successful sales of machinery into the food industry, preferably to commercial bakeries, roasters etc.
Working across a defined territory which will include some overseas clients (Pandemic permitting), you will be responsible for Account Management and new business and work with the project teams on the successful delivery of customer focused projects. It is essential that you live within a commutable distance of BD20 0SG as you may be required to attend site for full weeks dependent on the projects.
Relocation assistance can be given to those committed to relocating to the area.
Sales/Machinery/Food/Bakery/ Technical Sales Engineer/Sales Manager/Sales Engineer/ Business Development
Overview of Role and Responsibilities:
– Develop and implement a business plan utilizing SMART goals, monitoring and revising with Line Management.
– Follow-up sales leads and enquiries in a timely manner, engaging other departmental resource as and when required.
– Plan and prioritise activities in line with Company policy and the performance standards of the operations
– Contribute to, and participate in marketing activities as required.
– Manage and direct all commercial activities within a defined territory and assist colleagues where necessary.
– Manage and support export Agents where appointed.
– Provide feedback to Line Management on Agents performance and prospects.
– Maintain accurate and current data within business systems to allow accurate forecasting, pipeline reporting, business planning, customer targeting and
budgeting process etc
– Develop and maintain a sales pipeline sufficiently large to achieve the Sales objectives. Work with Managers and colleagues to anticipate and predict future
trends and structure new initiatives accordingly
Qualifications Knowledge and Experience:
– Higher Qualification in Engineering or demonstrable equivalent intellect
– Able to red and interpret Engineering drawings
– Knowledge and experience of solutions based sales
– Strong understanding and knowledge of one or more of the Food Industries and their customers operating and purchasing processes and likely plans and
– Ability to interpret customers needs and define solutions within the capabilities of the business.
– Passion for detailed technical knowledge and understanding linked to the design and production of our products and our customers processes and
– Excellent communication skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and clients, while influencing progression towards a quality sale.
– Ability to manage multiple projects with differing priorities whilst adhering to set procedures and systems.
– Ability to work on own initiative using effective personal planning, whilst maintaining an eye on profitability of actions and respecting budgetary matters.
– Presenting and maintaining a professional image of the company whilst performing all duties.
– Ability to effectively impart and extract information to/from colleagues and clients in clear and concise terms.
– Ability to create, adapt and deliver effective presentations for internal and external use.
– Able and willing to drive with a driving license with less than 6 penalty points.
– Able and willing to frequently travel to current and potential customer sites across the UK and abroad as required.
If you meet the above criteria we’d love to hear from you so please apply now.!Apply now