Due to our client securing multiple long term contacts our client, a Manchester based food manufacturer, are looking to appoint a Technical Manager to take full responsibility over the technical function reporting directly to the Managing Director. This will be a challenging yet rewarding role so they are looking for a proactive ‘hands on’ leader who can drive positive change and manage relationships with the ‘top 6’ UK retailers. As Technical Manager you will take the lead in developing and communicating a quality focused culture. You will ensure that all staff understand the importance of food safety and quality systems and their individual contribution.
Job title: Technical Manager / Quality Manager
Salary: Circa £45,000 + Package
Technical Manager – Key Responsibilities – Quality Manager, Food, Retail
* Take full responsibility for quality systems and drive them forwards
* Liaise regularly with their retail customers
* Highlight any opportunities for improvement in systems and recommend corrective actions
* Control the quality of raw materials and finished goods
* Continually review and improve plant procedures. Maintain appropriate sample recall systems and make checks as necessary.
* Investigate and report on quality related non-conformance. Provide QC reports/reviews.
Technical Manager – Required Skills – Quality Manager, Food, Retail
* Experience gained in a Technical management role
* Proven experience in implementing and maintaining a quality culture.
* A confident and logical approach along with excellent communication and influencing skills
* Experience gained in a food manufacturing site
* Proven experience in change management and coaching
* HACCP qualifications and knowledge of BRC
Technical Manager, Quality Manager, Food, Retail
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now