After securing multiple long term contacts our client, a Manchester based food manufacturer, are looking to appoint a Technical Manager to take full responsibility over the technical function reporting directly to the Managing Director. This will be a challenging yet rewarding role so they are looking for a proactive ‘hands on’ leader who can drive positive change and manage relationships with the ‘top 6’ UK retailers and various wholesale channels. It is important that you have previous food manufacturing experience covering both technical and quality. As Technical Manager you will take the lead in developing and communicating a quality focused culture. You will ensure that all staff understand the importance of food safety and quality systems and their individual contribution to the company’s continued technical excellence.
Job title: Technical Manager / Quality Manager
Salary: Circa £45,000
Technical Manager – Key Responsibilities – Quality Manager, Food, Retail, Wholesale, Distribution
* Take full responsibility for quality systems and drive them forwards
* Liaise regularly with their retail customers
* Highlight any opportunities for improvement in systems and recommend corrective actions
* Control the quality of raw materials and finished goods
* Continually review and improve plant procedures. Maintain appropriate sample recall systems and make checks as necessary.
* Investigate and report on quality related non-conformance. Provide QC reports/reviews.
Technical Manager – Required Skills – Quality Manager, Food, Retail, Wholesale, Distribution
* Experience gained in a Technical management role
* Proven experience in implementing and maintaining a quality culture.
* A confident and logical approach along with excellent communication and influencing skills
* Experience gained in a food manufacturing site
* Proven experience in change management and coaching
* HACCP qualifications and knowledge of BRC
Technical Manager, Quality Manager, Food, Retail, Wholesale, Distribution
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now