Manufacturing Futures are currently looking to appoint an experienced Technical Designer for a furniture manufacturing business. The successful Technical Designer will have experience with joinery / wooden furniture manufacturing (drilling, timbers, MFC, laminates, edging, etc) and take ownership of bespoke product enquiries. On offer, as well as a generous salary, is the opportunity to join a well-known furniture manufacturer that are restructuring to help grow within the market. There are fantastic prospects for the future for this Technical Designer so now is the time to join!
Technical Designer, Role and Responsibilities, Technical Designer / Design Supervisor / Design Leader / Product Designer / NPD
* To lead the Technical Services and Design function in preparing all technical information required by manufacturing and purchasing to meet the needs of project and development requirements.
* To take ownership of bespoke product enquiries ensuring these are technically viable, fully costed and communicated clearly to both the space planning and contracts teams.
* To lead business improvement projects within the technical and design teams, improving and streamlining workflow and processing requirements.
* To own internal product development projects, ensuring the company’s existing product portfolio is continually improved and developed maximising efficiency and ensuring this is market leading.
* To drive process improvement projects, identifying areas of poor or inefficient performance and developing robust systems and processes in response.
* To maintain the company’s existing product portfolio, carrying out design alterations and maintenance in collaboration with the purchasing and factory teams.
Technical Designer, Skills and Abilities, Design Engineer, Product Designer, NPD, Furniture
* A high degree of technical knowledge and understanding of joinery / wooden furniture design and production.
* Experience of AutoCAD and ideally but not necessarily Solidworks.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work under own initiative.
* Good interpersonal and communications skills.
Technical Designer, Design Engineer, Furniture, Product Design, NPD
If you’re an experienced Designer capable of introducing and designing new products within a furniture manufacturing environment then this role would be an excellent fit for you. Please don’t hesitate to apply now!