Our client, an industry leading manufacturer, seeks to appoint a Technical Buyer to manage and control the purchase of a range of electro-mechanical components and products. As Technical Buyer you understand engineering drawings and have previous experience monitoring supplier quality, cost and delivery.
Technical Buyer – Role and Responsibilities – Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain / Manufacturing / Engineering / Buying
* Purchase goods, materials, components or services in accordance with specified technical, quality and delivery requirements
* Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
* Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers
* Support new customer proposals as required with cost and lead-time estimates
* Provide procurement support for new designs, and when necessary, participate in bid reviews and evaluations
Technical Buyer – Skills and Abilities – Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain / Manufacturing / Engineering / Buying
* A recognised qualification in manufacturing or engineering (beneficial)
* Well established experience in buying / procurement in engineering
* Possess strong knowledge on procuring technical equipment / materials
* Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, negotiate effectively and to coach other members of the team where appropriate
* Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) is essential
Technical Buyer, Procurement, Purchasing, Engineering, Supply Chain
If this role could appeal please do apply now!