Our client, a well established FMCG manufacturer, seek to appoint a Supply Chain Manager due to the continued growth of the company. The appointed Supply Chain Manager will have proven logistics / material supply experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment and have a keen eye for continuous improvement. It is essential that candidates have experience of purchasing from multiple suppliers with short lead times and tight margins, and an understanding of warehousing and transport, but the bulk of the role will be around stock control and planning: do the company have the right components available at the right time without excess stock being held? The company are going from strength to strength and offer long term, stable employment and excellent prospects for career progression. The salary package is competitive and the working environment excellent.
Supply Chain Manager – Role and Responsibilities – Stock Control / Purchasing / Planning / Logistics / FMCG / Operations
– Design and implement appropriate strategies, policies and procedures for purchasing, stock control and planning
– Market and competitor analysis
– Identifying potential suppliers but also maintaining relationships with existing suppliers
– Monitoring supplier performance and quality of service, negotiating and agreeing contracts
– Liaise with production to ensure stock availability at all points of manufacturing cycle
– Ensure production planning gives adequate supply for manufacturing teams
Supply Chain Manager – Skills and Abilities – Stock Control / Purchasing / Planning / Logistics
– Experienced in logistical / material supply methodologies
– Demonstrate relevant leadership experience in an FMCG manufacturing environment
– Able to build stable and useful working relationships
– Change management / lean / CI techniques essential
Supply Chain Manager, Stock Control, Planning, Procurement, Logistics, Operations, FMCG, Manufacturing, Engineering
If this role could appeal please do apply now!