Futures are currently looking for a Solutions Architect to join our expanding electronics engineering client. Acting as the Software Architect Systems expert point of contact within the business, overseeing a spectrum of development projects internal and external to multi million pound in size, your role will involve you working within the systems engineering team (defining and overseeing the development of mixed language applications) as well as embedded systems engineers (developing on ARM architectures, utilising real time environments as well as bare metal code development). In addition to project delivery activity, the role will involve contributing to bids and proposals at a technical level. A proven experience in design and development of software applications and IT hardware architecture design is essential.
Solutions Architect – Role and Responsibilities – Software Manager / Systems Engineering / Electronics / Embedded Systems
* Liaise with customers and business representatives to understand the scope and requirements at the start of projects
* Liaise with other team members throughout the design life cycle to design an architectural solution (software and hardware) to meet design and safety requirements of the end user client
* Explain technical issues and solution strategies to the internal and external project stakeholders
* Define the solution hardware, interfaces, software design and associated quantities to meet the functional design
* Ensure that solution milestones are accomplished at the right time, by guiding the activities of the project teams to ensure timely completion of projects
Solutions Architect – Skills and Abilities – Software Manager / Systems Engineering / Electronics / Embedded Systems
Possessing a technical degree in a relevant subject (electronics, software, computer science) or equivalent commercial experience the ideal Head of Software will be an innovative individual with excellent technical experience and motivating people management skills. Most important is an enthusiasm for new technologies, an ability to learn quickly and a desire to contribute in a fast moving, innovative team environment. You will need to be strong on software processes, have considerable experience developing system solutions across hardware and software architectures (extensive application understanding working within Android, iOS and Linux, and experience of development within an Azure hosted environment) and have led the development of prototype designs, selecting hardware and software tools and languages to best fulfil user requirements, in a timely fashion. It is also important to ensure all documentation is created and maintained across the full system lifecycle, including pre-design documentation such as product specifications and design plans, test plans, development and test reports, Bill of Materials, design calculations.
Solutions Architect – Qualification and Experience – Software Manager / Systems Engineering / Electronics / Embedded Systems
* 10+ years relevant commercial / bespoke software and hardware architect development
* Proven experience in design and development of systems or applications
* iOS / Android / Linux Application Design & Development
* Embedded systems design & development
* Extensive cross-discipline experience in collaborative working
* Management of an indirect team up to 10 members in size
Solutions Architect, Software Manager, Systems Engineering, Electronics, Embedded Systems
If this could appeal, please do apply now!