Our client, an electronics manufacturing business in Wakefield, require a Software Test Engineer to join it’s R&D team. The business is looking to move away from manual software testing to an automated testing solution in the future.
You will join the R&D team as the sole Software Test Engineer. You will have opportunity to develop the automated test framework from scratch, developing the test framework in the programming language of your choice (e.g. Python, Perl, C#, Java etc). As the automated testing work grows, you will have opportunity to hire Test Engineers into your team, giving you the opportunity of progressing your career into a Software Test Team Lead/ Manager. The software you will be testing is developed onsite by the company as well as by locally based suppliers.
As well as having automated test development experience, it would be highly desirable if you have experience testing embedded software devices / products. This role gives you a great opportunity to join a project at the very early stages of development, where you will have full autonomy to develop an automated test solution in the way you wish.
Software Test Engineer – Skills and Abilities – Automated Software Testing / Engineering / Electronics / Embedded
* Software Test Development experience
* Automated Test Scripting experience preferred (e.g. Python, C#, Perl, Java)
* Comfortable taking ownership and responsibility for all the automated test and validation development
* Creating Test Strategies and Test Cases
* Excellent communication skills (comfortable speaking to interview and external developers)
* Experience testing Embedded Software / Firmware devices
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now