Our client is a market leader within their field, developing both hardware and software technologies and producing their products at their UK manufacturing facilities. Due to continued growth we are now looking for an additional Software Design Engineer to join the engineering team on a contract basis. You must have good experience of embedded C development on microcontrollers in an ARM Cortex environment and be able to start at short notice. As part of this role you will be able to work from home, although trips to the Yorkshire head office will be required from time to time. With a major project of work starting it is expected that this will be a long lasting contract.
You will need to be a confident Software Design Engineer able to work on projects which are either team related or a solo effort. On offer is a fantastic working environment, a highly competitive salary and a very attractive benefit package.
Software Design Engineer – Role & Responsibilities – Embedded Software / Firmware / Embedded C / Microcontrollers
– To assess feasibility and assist in development of product software specifications, where required.
– Development and testing of software within the project framework, to the required project plan and deadlines.
– Ability to design and add features to embedded software, ideally including Real-time operating systems (RTOS), using higher level language (C / C++) in an ARM/Cortex environment.
– Development of production test code with Production Engineering is required.
– Liaison with all relevant parties, including Sales, Production, QA etc., in order to ensure all requirements are fully met.
– Maintenance of Software Quality procedures and comfortable working to coding guidelines.
Embedded Software Engineer – Skills and Experience – Embedded Software / Firmware / Embedded C / Microcontrollers
– A degree in Electronics / Software / Computer Engineering or equivalent.
– Experienced in C/C++ software development.
– Excellent working knowledge of modern microprocessor and micro controller designs, ideally ARM/Cortex environments.
– Must be able to demonstrate relevant skills with typically 3-4 years experience in a similar role.
– Fully conversant with ISO9001 Quality requirements.
– Experienced in developing embedded software for Electronic interfaces.
– RTOS experience desireable
Embedded Software Engineer, Electronics, Microprocessor, C/C++, Firmware
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now