Futures are working with a leader in automation who seek to appoint a Service Engineer to cover the Northern area of the UK. You will work very closely with the engineering maintenance team and automation project engineers to provide technical support for all aspects of on-site automation relating to programming, training, and fault finding. It is essential you have experience in the maintenance and repair of automated machinery/material handling solutions.
Service Engineer – Role and Responsibilities Field Service / Service Engineer / Maintenance Engineer / Automation / Material Handling / Conveyors / Robotics / PLC
* Communicate with internal stakeholders / project teams and external integrators and suppliers of automation equipment.
* Troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
* New Installations and commissioning work
* Service, repair and upgrade automation solutions on site with the customer
* Programme a wide range of PLCs as required
Service Engineer – Skills and Abilities – Field Service / Service Engineer/ Maintenance Engineer / Automation / Material Handling / Robotics / PLC
* A relevant engineering qualification (Electrical and Electronics, Controls, Automation, Robotics, Mechatronics)
* Experience servicing and upgrading automated machinery
* Ability to programme a range of PLCs
* Experience installing new machinery
* Excellent communication skills
* Math and analytical skills
* Willingness to travel to customer sites with some overnight stays
If this role appeals, please apply now!
Automation Engineer / Field Service / Service Engineer / Maintenance Engineer / Controls Engineer / Automation / Material Handling / Robotics / PLCApply now