Our client are a large design and manufacturing business based in Manchester. They wish to appoint a Senior project Manager to lead and co-ordinate multiple interlinked projects. The scope of these activities covers the entire project lifecycle but has a big focus on new product introduction through a matrix managed design team. An important aspect of the Senior Project Manager role is in building effective teams across the entire organisation and motivating them to use the appropriate project management tools to deliver projects to agreed targets, budgets and timescales. You will lead the NPI development and help develop a project based culture.
Senior Project Manager – Role and Responsibilities – NPD, New Product Development, Design, R&D
* Manage a complex portfolio of projects as agreed with the Head of Programme Management
* Responsible for cost, quality and delivery
* Develop and Integrate the NPI system
* Create and manage cross functional teams to deliver new OEM projects. Manage the OE project management resources in a manner that makes best use of skills, expertise and experience
* Manage the teams and project activities to ensure we comply with our quality system and standards.
* Ensure that the NPI processes are followed, keeping deliverables on track and stakeholders updated.
* Ensure that appropriate project management tools are adopted and are used to communicate project plans and progress effectively across the whole organisation and to the customer
Senior Peoject Manager – Person Specification – NPD, New Product Development, Design, R&D
* Degree level, preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM) discipline or a business management subject
* Sound knowledge and understanding of project management techniques
* Experience of successfully managing cross functional projects within a design and manufacturing environment
* Ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve results
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrates the ability to summarise complex issues effectively to people at all levels in the organisation
* Determination to hit deadlines and overcome barriers. Able to work under pressure and adapt to and organise changing priorities
Senior Project Manager, NPD, New Product Development, Design, R&D
If this role appeals to you, please do apply now!Apply now