Working for a successful and expanding market leader we wish to appoint a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who has experience of working within the automotive manufacturing supply chain. You will have experience of designing for highly regulated markets (automotive preferably, but potentially for aerospace or rail) and understand how to design complex electro-mechanical parts and systems to supply in to an automotive OEM. It is important that you can take responsibility for people and projects so that deadlines are met. You’ll split your time between hands-on design work and managing a small but expanding team of mechanical engineers on design, test, verification and production engineering activities for automotive clients.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Role and Responsibilities – AutoCAD / Mechanical Engineering / Rotating Equipment / Vehicle Integration / Engine / Transmission / Drive Systems / Automotive
* Design of components and parts
* Build and manage complex 3D models and 2D manufacturing drawings
* Undertaking design analysis
* Creating design layouts and schematics for design solutions
* Accountability for cradle to grave ownership of a product or design
* Vehicle integration work
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Skills and Abilities – AutoCAD / Mechanical Engineering / Rotating Equipment / Vehicle Integration / Engine / Transmission / Drive Systems / Automotive
* A minimum of 5 years experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer
* A relevant qualification in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
* Experience of designing rotating equipment with moving parts
* Team leadership / supervisory experience
* Experience of vehicle integration
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer / AutoCAD / Mechanical Engineering / Rotating Equipment / Vehicle Integration / Engine / Transmission / Drive Systems / Automotive
If this role could appeal please do apply now!