Another day in the design office doing a cosmetic tweak to an existing product and doing all the detailing because the Junior guy went out on the town last night? Meantime the Design Manager is insisting you work over (without pay) to get the final design to approval stage?
Do you want to continue your mechanical design career with a company that doesn’t just say it really values its employs but demonstrates it?
Do you want to work flexi-time?
Do you want to work for a company that will invest in further training?
Do you want to work with like-minded people?
If you answered Yes to the above then this could be the job for you: our client is seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to work on exciting new product development for high value systems and equipment used in interesting and technologically complex products.
Design Engineer – Role and Responsibilities – Mechanical Design / CAD / NPD / Mechanical Engineering
– Use Failure Mode Effect and Analysis (FMEA) techniques to identify project technical risks
– Prepare and present technical reports for project gate reviews
– Contribute to planning design activities with the NPD manager
– Adopt New Product Development (NPD) process and tools throughout projects
– Contribute to the continuous improvement of the NPD process
– Capture project technical risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle
– Co-ordinate with quality department to define incoming inspection requirements to verify component quality
– Provide technical support to the publications department in creation of product manuals, build books, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Design Engineer – Skills and Abilities – Mechanical Design / CAD / NPD / Mechanical Engineering
– Mechanical Engineering qualification with at least five years’ experience in a senior design role
– Knowledge of material properties and standards, machining methods and techniques, drawing and BoM configuration management packages
– Technical knowledge of sensor technologies/solutions, electrical drive systems, mechanical transmission systems and hydraulic / pneumatic systems would be beneficial
– Experienced user of CAD systems (3D and 2D) to generate models and drawings
Design Engineer / Mechanical Design / CAD / NPD / Mechanical Engineering
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now