Our client, an electro-mechanical manufacturer with substantial national presence, are looking to appoint a Sale Engineer to run their national operation. The ideal candidate will have worked for a manufacturing or engineering company selling technical products into manufacturing businesses. Any experience working with an electro-mechanical product would be a bonus.
The principle functions of the role are maintaining existing customers and capturing new business from leads generated from the marketing department. Up-selling is a required skill to be able to grow their accounts. There is some outbound sales activity to new businesses for key accounts alongside managing existing relationships and handling incoming enquirers. The company offers an excellent benefits package in a supportive and welcoming environment. This is an external role so travel is required to meet customers face to face.
Sales Engineer – Role and Responsibilities – Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Business Development / Technical Sales / Account Management
* Generating and following up quotations
* Upsell on key accounts
* First point of contact for key accounts within the company
* Attend monthly meeting and prepare activity and sales reports
* Undertake new customer research and prospecting for new business
* Visit customers when required
Sales Engineer – Skills and Abilities – Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Business Development / Technical Sales / Account Management
* Excellent communication written, verbal and face to face
* Negotiation skills
* Experience of preparing and carrying out presentations is key
* Manufacturing or Engineering qualification would be preferred but not essential.
* Technical with a solutions bias (preferred but not essential)
Technical Sales Manager / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Business Development / Technical Sales / Account Management
If this role could appeal please do apply now!