Futures are currently working with an engineering company looking to appoint a Sales Engineer. The ideal candidate will have an engineering qualification and time spent as an engineer, good knowledge of electro-mechanical products, and experience of a consultative sales cycle.
The principle functions of the role are maintaining existing customers and capturing new business from leads generated from the marketing department and following up on lapsed customers. Up-selling is a required skill to be able to grow their accounts. There is some outbound sales activity to new businesses for key accounts alongside managing existing relationships and handling incoming enquirers. The company offers an excellent benefits package in a supportive and welcoming environment. Travel is required to meet customers face to face as pandemic measures ease. You need to have previous experience selling electro-mechanical products to industrial OEMs alongside an engineering background and substantial sales experience.
Sales Engineer – Role and Responsibilities – Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Business Development / Technical Sales / Electro-mechanical
* Generating and following up quotations
* First point of contact for key accounts within the company
* Attend monthly meeting and prepare activity and sales reports
* Undertake new customer research and prospecting for new business
* Visit customers when required
Sales Engineer – Skills and Abilities – Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Business Development / Technical Sales / Electro-mechanical
* An engineering qualification and prior experience working for an electro-mechanical manufacturing business
* Excellent communication written, verbal and face to face
* Previous experience selling electro-mechanical products
* Negotiation skills
* Technical with a solutions bias (preferred but not essential)
Sales Engineer / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Business Development / Technical Sales / Electro-mechanical
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now