Manufacturing Futures seek to appoint an RF Design Manager with significant hardware experience to manage electronics design activity on multiple development projects. The appointed RF Design Manager will have at least 15 years’ experience in design engineering coupled with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior / principle design engineer role taking the lead on the design of complex hardware RF projects. This is a hands on design role where you’ll have your own design engineering work alongside interacting with the team on other projects.
You will need to be a well educated, highly technical and analytical engineer with a background in design engineering to be able to take the lead with the technical workload. You also need good people management skills to interact with a diverse multi-disciplined engineering team. This role would suit a previous Senior / Principal Engineer with experience of managing a small team looking to take their first step into a more senior management role. It is important you have a broad base within electronic engineering and excellent skills within RF engineering.
RF Design Manager – Role and Responsibilities – Principle Design Engineer / RF / Radio Frequency / Electronics / Engineering Manager
– Oversee the design of new products and plan the engineering resource required for new projects as required by the business
– Direct engineering resource to produce new designs for a varied customer base
– Liaise with sales/quality/production/operations and with key customers as part of the senior leadership team to ensure the timely and cost effective completion of design and development projects
– Handle multiple design projects to meet company deadlines. Prioritise engineering resource
– Commercial acumen facilitating involvement in bids and tenders. A key role in setting strategy for the company
Engineering Director – Skills and Abilities – Principle Design Engineer / RF / Radio Frequency / Electronics / Engineering Manager
– Degree in Design / Engineering or equivalent (as a minimum)
– Minimum of 10 years’ industrial experience in a design engineering role
– Highly technical engineer with an innovative approach to design
– Good working knowledge of electronics and specialist RF / Microwave Engineering / DSP experience
– Experience of feasibility studies, advising commercial teams and adding technical expertise to sales function
RF Design Manager, Electronics, Engineering Manager, Radio Frequency, Electronic Design Engineer
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now