Our client, a long established and well respected engineering business, seek to appoint a Purchasing Manager to manage and control the purchase of goods, materials and services for individual projects throughout the company, co-ordinating with the Project Managers, Material Controllers and Manufacturing teams. As Purchasing Manager you will understand engineering and have previous experience working for a manufacturing / R&D focused business with experience of technical buying. Salary, benefits and working conditions are excellent. You need to be a great negotiator capable of building long lasting partnerships throughout an engineering supply chain.
Purchasing Manager – Role and Responsibilities – Procurement / Purchasing Supervisor / Supply Chain / Manufacturing / Engineering / Buying / Technical Buyer
* Purchase goods, materials, components or services in accordance with specified technical, quality and delivery requirements
* Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
* Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers
* Interface with other departments and Suppliers for all matters related to the procurement of Project materials, equipment and sub-contract services
* Provide procurement support for new designs, and when necessary, participate in bid reviews and evaluations
Purchasing Supervisor – Skills and Abilities – Procurement / Purchasing Manager / Supply Chain / Manufacturing / Engineering / Buying / Technical Buyer
* A recognised qualification in manufacturing or engineering
* Well established experience in buying / procurement in engineering
* Possess strong knowledge on procuring technical equipment / materials
* Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, negotiate effectively and to coach other members of the team where appropriate
* Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) preferred but not essential
Purchasing Manager, Technical Buyer, Procurement, Purchasing Supervisor, Engineering
If this role could appeal please do apply now!