Our client is one of the leading specialist subcontractors in the UK offering the complete design, supply and installation of integrated facade packages focusing on bespoke roofing and cladding solutions. They are looking to strengthen their Projects team with an ambitious Project Manager in Manchester due to growth in their already extensive portfolio of work across the North of England. You will be an experienced Project Manager with good product knowledge (Curtain Walling / Facades / Cladding / Glazing) and experience of construction site management and experience being the main client facing contact for a subcontract provider.
Reporting to the Contracts Director, the Project Manager position requires excellent communication and management skills to co-ordinate input from each department, to maximise efficiencies and add value to each project. The role is often office based with the Project Manager also working to find solutions to problems as they arise on site, with commercial profitability, health and safety, programme and quality concerns all factored into solutions.
Project Manager – Role and Responsibilities PM / Curtain Walling / Facades / Cladding / Glazing / Projects
* Take operational responsibility for multiple sites, under supervision as needed
* Manage labour and materials in a cost effective manner to ensure the project and commercial requirements are met
* Implement and oversee a high standard of operational practices
* Manage project requirements with regards to design, material, labour and manufacturing while maintaining up to date and detailed contract awareness
Project Manager Skills and Abilities PM / Curtain Walling / Facades/ Cladding / Glazing / Projects
* 5 – 10 years experience working on construction sites managing curtain walling installations (or other relevant disciplines including roofing, cladding, glazing etc)
* Excellent product and technical knowledge and experience of projects above £10m for blue chip main contractors and facade consultants
* Must be computer literate with programming and planning experience using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
* Excellent knowledge and experience of production scheduling methods and work processes to be capable of leading a full project team from tender to completion
* Ideally HND or Degree qualified in a construction or engineering related discipline with a CSCS Managers card
Project Manager, Facades, Cladding, Glazing, Curtain Walling
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful subcontracting firm with a great working atmosphere which offers a generous package. If you feel you meet the requirements for the role then please apply now!Apply now