We are currently recruiting for a growing machinery manufacturer with major overseas projects. In order to support increased business volumes they need to appoint an additional Project Manager on a contract basis to provide onsite technical assistance to their European clients. You will be required to travel to site with frequent and often short notice expensed travel (minimal weekends, it’s Monday to Friday travel).
The role will involve the management of high value capital equipment machinery installation projects from kick-off meeting through to handover. Although you will not be project managing the installation itself you will work alongside the installations team providing technical assistance on the machinery that has been purchased as it is installed. The company’s success is down to its people and this is an opportunity to join a successful and forward thinking team at top of their game. There is a high probability that this contract will be extended.
Applications are welcome from both Project Managers and Project Engineers becoming available in the next eight weeks. As Project Manager you will have previous experience of special purpose machinery installation and be able to provide technical assistance (some theoretical design but also practical problem solving) to the end-user clients’ installations team.
Project Manager – Role and Responsibilities – Project Engineer / Machinery / Installation / Special Purpose Machinery
* Identification and provision of reliable solutions for all technical issues in order to assure customer satisfaction
* Management of Risk, Actions, Issues and Decisions
* Tracking and monitoring progress of measurable i.e. time, cost and quality
* Preparation and presentation of project financials including accurate budget forecast cost to complete final cost at completion invoice profile
* Management and control of scope and contract changes with the customer
Project Manager – Skills and Abilities – Project Engineer / Machinery / Installation / Special Purpose Machinery
* A qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer qualified to HNC (experience considered over qualification)
* Strong Project Management experience of machinery installations
* Excellent at building relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
* Experience in a multi-disciplined environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Able to handle multiple concurrent projects
* Happy with short notice business travel to Europe. In date passport and driving licence
Project Manager / Project Engineer / Machinery / Installation / Special Purpose Machinery
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now