Our client, a manufacturing business in South Leeds, seek to appoint a Production Manager to take overall responsibility for a small but expanding manufacturing operation. With a wide remit covering most aspects of running a factory the role, responsibilities and salary will grow over time as your team expands. It is essential you have the drive to lead a business in an aggressive growth period. As Production Manager you will be equal parts hands-on versus strategic / commercially focused to ensure what needs to be done day-to-day is accomplished but long term growth is always being planned for. With a largely unskilled / semi-skilled low wage work force it is important you have previous experience managing the challenges this can bring.
Over time you will introduce a lean / continuous improvement working environment but the appointed Production Manager’s primary responsibility will be to provide leadership to the production operatives and manage the work of all staff in the department, such that all production targets are met in a safe, timely and cost efficient manner. On offer is the opportunity to work for a business who have a well deserved reputation for treating staff well with a generous base salary and excellent working conditions. As the business continues to grow there are no boundaries to the role.
Production Manager – Role and Responsibilities – Manufacturing Team Leader / Mechanical Engineering / CAPEX
* Execute the daily, weekly plans for the department, managing the manpower and other resources to carry them out in an efficient and productive manner
* Working with the Manufacturing Team Leader on improvement activity to improve operational efficiencies
* Deliver reductions in waste and cost and support effective usage of process improvement and basic lean manufacturing tools
* Disciplinary management, including investigation and delivery of appropriate disciplinary sanctions and implement the plant sickness and absence policies, including return to work interviews
* Coaching and development of team members to help them reach personal, and company set goals
* Take a lead role when customers are on site for visits
Production Manager – Skills and Abilities – Manufacturing Team Leader / Mechanical Engineering / CAPEX
* Knowledge of a heavy industry production environment and associated working philosophies
* Must be used to managing in a KPI and deadline driven environment
* Ideally apprentice trained or HNC qualified in a relevant engineering or management discipline
* Formal lean manufacturing / continuous improvement experience is beneficial but not required
Production Manager, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Team Leader, CAPEX, Manufacturing Manager
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now