Our client, a high volume and highly automated manufacturing business in West Yorkshire, seek to appoint a Production Engineering Manager to oversee their manufacturing and maintenance teams. You must have prior experience with fast paced automated manufacturing machinery and have a minimum of two years senior engineering / production management experience.
Directly managing a small team of production supervisors and maintenance personnel and indirectly responsible for a large manufacturing team the appointed Production Engineering Manager will manage multiple teams and projects to ensure manufacturing runs smoothly. Lean and continuous improvement will be key as will a focus on OEE and best utilising the complex automated machinery they have on site. You need to be able to look at a problem within manufacturing (maintenance, production, quality, supply chain, facilities) and figure out how best to solve it, present your justified case as to why, and then facilitate its implementation throughout the business. The business has the orders to be much bigger and is being let down by poor people management, under utilisation of automation and a reliance on manual working practices. Effectively managing your approach to get employee buy-in will be key.
Production Engineering Manager – Role & Responsibilities – Maintenance / Manufacturing / Quality / Supply Chain / Health and Safety / Facilities / Automation / Machinery
– Day to day management of a team within manufacturing covering maintenance, production, quality, supply chain, health and safety and facilities
– Overall responsibility for delivery of multiple teams and projects to meet business requirements
– Commercially astute to balance available resource to best deliver against budgeted work
Production Engineering Manager – Skills & Experience – Maintenance / Manufacturing / Quality / Supply Chain / Health and Safety / Facilities / Automation / Machinery
– HND / Degree in Engineering or equivalent preferred but not essential
– Previous experience working for a fast paced and highly automated manufacturer required. Must have worked for a business that is heavily reliant on fully utilising complex production machinery and know how to best utilise it
– Fully proficient with modern manufacturing methodology (lean, continuous improvement, process mapping)
– Prior experience of managing teams with good soft skills
Production Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production, Quality, AutomationApply now