Our client, a manufacturing business in West Yorkshire, seek to appoint a Production Engineering Manager to their senior leadership team. You need to be technically minded with a strong background in process innovation to ensure product yields and equipment uptime are maximised and improved using Continuous Improvement and Lean techniques. Reporting to the board of directors you will be responsible for all engineering and maintenance activities, including managing staff, budgets, OEE and continuous improvement, for an expanding blue chip manufacturing business.
Production Engineering Manager Role & Responsibilities Maintenance Manager, Engineering Manager, Process improvement, Lean, Continuous Improvement, CI
* Strategic planning for engineering department to ensure the team deliver on KPIs
* Day to day management of a team of engineers. Develop team members with PDPs, monthly reviews and annual appraisals
* React to breakdowns as appropriate, manage PPM programme, project manage concurrent installation and improvement projects. Complete CAPEX feasibility studies
* Co-ordinate continuous improvement activity using lean principles to analyse specific problems and create engineering solutions. Deliver sustained OEE increases
Production Engineering Manager Skills & Abilities Maintenance Manager, Engineering Manager, Process improvement, Lean, Continuous Improvement, CI
* Degree qualified or equivalent
* Proven track record with continuous improvement. Lean certification or six sigma background
* Minimum five years experience within an engineering / maintenance position with day to day responsibility for a mid-sized engineering team
* Experience of preparing CAPEX justifications and managing multiple concurrent projects
Production Engineering Manager, Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Projects, Process Improvement
If this role could appeal, please do apply now!