Our client, a large manufacturing business in South Yorkshire, seek to appoint a Process Engineer to work with their design and production teams to help implement new products (NPI) into the manufacturing process and design better tooling to improve manufacturing procedures. The appointed Process Engineer will create and maintain BOMs, GA drawings, wiring diagrams and shop floor documents whilst working with production to identify and implement improvements to the build of current product and during the introduction of new products. Having served a mechanical engineering apprenticeship to give good practical skills would be useful, as would good CAD skills from more formal study. Experience of supply chain would be beneficial but is not essential. On offer is an excellent opportunity with one of the regions most ambitious employers alongside a market leading benefits package.
Process Engineer – Role & Responsibilities – Manufacturing Engineer / Lean / CAD / NPI
– Creation and maintenance of BOMs, shop floor and customer documents, standard GA drawings, wiring diagrams and hydraulic schematics for new products
– To manage and maintain the PDM system, including training engineering and production staff on the use of PDM system where required
– Work with production to identify jigs/fixtures required to improve the assembly process
– Design and create manufacturing drawings to enable the manufacture of assembly fixtures
Process Engineer – Skills & Abilities – Manufacturing Engineer / Lean / CAD / NPI
– Having served a mechanical engineering apprenticeship would be of great benefit
– HNC in mechanical or production engineering with minimum of two years experience in a manufacturing or mechanical engineering role
– Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office, including word, excel and access.
– Working knowledge of 3D CAD systems, including component, assembly design and detailed drafting
– Excellent attention to detail, self-motivated, and with good practical skills/knowledge
Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Lean, CAD, NPI, Tooling
If this role could appeal please do apply nowApply now