Manufacturing Futures are currently looking to appoint a Plant Manager for a large and successful corporate company. The successful Plant Manager will be forward thinking to review working practices and and decide on the positive changes that need to be made (six sigma / continuous improvement experience preferred) and be a positive, collaborative, leader of teams to implement those changes throughout the plant (amongst a team that have good technical skill but sizeable pockets of resistance to change). Do you want to make a real difference with your own autonomous site? Do you know what good looks like? And can you achieve it? If so, please do apply now!
You will be knowledgeable within heavy manufacturing and have both an engineering degree and previous experience running a large manufacturing plant (upwards of 200 indirect report) within a unionised manufacturing environment. You must have excellent knowledge of mechanical engineering and have previously overseen a mid-sized machine shop with a wide variety of machining equipment. You will be joining a legitimately market leading company that are investing in their staff, plant and equipment and offer a competitive salary plus an excellent executive package.
Plant Manager – Role and Responsibilities – General Manager / Operations Director / Lean / Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma / Manufacturing Manager
* Assist in implementing lean manufacturing ideas and embed these throughout the company
* Lead from the front for manufacturing efficiency improvements
* Conduct daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly KPI and quality reviews to monitor regular plant performance
* Ensure Health and Safety is at the forefront of daily activity
Plant Manager – Skills and Abilities – General Manager / Operations Director / Lean / Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma / Manufacturing Manager
* CI and lean experience, a good track record of successfully improving plants
* At least 5 years’ plant manager experience giving you previous proven leadership experience in a large manufacturing facility
* Must have a mechanical engineering background (both with qualifications gained, and experience working for)
* Good people management ability with experience of leading teams of over 200. Ability to communicate at all levels
* Must be hands on with a strong change environment nature, ability to embed Continuous improvement initiatives across to sites
If this role appeals, please do apply now!