Manufacturing Futures are currently looking to appoint an Operations Manager for a large and successful corporate company. The successful Operations Manager will be forward thinking to review working practices and and decide on the positive changes that need to be made and be a positive, collaborative, leader to implement those changes throughout the team (amongst a group that have good technical skill but sizeable pockets of resistance to change). Do you want to make a real difference with your own autonomous team of maintenance, service and overhaul (MRO) engineers? Can you plan strategically and handle the “paperwork” side of running a team (P&L, strategy, labour utilisation, productivity) whilst still being a visible leader? Do you know what good looks like? And can you achieve it? If so, please do apply now!
You will be knowledgeable within service and maintenance and have both an engineering degree and previous experience running a large team of engineers within a unionised manufacturing environment. You must have excellent knowledge of mechanical engineering. You will be joining a legitimately market leading company that are investing in their staff and equipment and offer a competitive salary plus an excellent executive package.
Operations Manager – Role and Responsibilities – General Manager / Operations Director / Lean / Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma / Manufacturing Manager / Service / Maintenance / MRO
* Assist in implementing lean manufacturing ideas and embed these throughout the company
* Lead from the front for efficiency improvements
* Conduct daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly KPI and quality reviews to monitor regular staff performance
* Ensure Health and Safety is at the forefront of daily activity
Operations Manager – Skills and Abilities – General Manager / Operations Director / Lean / Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma / Manufacturing Manager / Service / Maintenance / Overhaul / MRO
* CI and lean experience, a good track record of successful improvements
* At least 5 years’ operations manager experience giving you previous proven leadership experience of a large service, maintenance and overhaul (MRO) team
* Must have a mechanical engineering background (both with qualifications gained, and experience working for)
* Good people management ability with experience of leading teams. Ability to communicate at all levels
* Must be hands on with a strong change environment nature, ability to embed Continuous improvement initiatives
Operations Manager / General Manager / Operations Director / Lean / Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma / Manufacturing Manager / Service / Maintenance / Overhaul / MRO
If this role appeals, please do apply now!Apply now