Manufacturing Futures are currently looking to appoint an Operations Director for an SME manufacturing company that have recently received signed and sealed orders that will double turnover in the next twelve months. The successful Operations Director will be forward thinking to review working practices and and decide on the positive changes that need to be made to facilitate this growth (six sigma / continuous improvement experience preferred) and be a positive, collaborative, leader of teams to implement those changes throughout all of operations (amongst a team that are largely enthusiastic but needing guidance) as the company modernises whilst expanding. Do you want to make a real difference with your own autonomous site? Do you know what good looks like? And can you achieve it? If so, please do apply now!
You will be knowledgeable within fast paced electro-mechanical manufacturing and have both an engineering degree and previous experience running a large manufacturing plant without set or structured processes in place already. You must have excellent knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering and have previously overseen a growing manufacturer in a period of rapid change. You will be joining a legitimately market leading company that are investing in their staff, plant and equipment and offer a competitive package.
Operations Director – Role and Responsibilities – General Manager / Plant Manager / Lean / Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma / Manufacturing Director
* Assist in implementing lean manufacturing ideas and embed these throughout the company
* Lead from the front for manufacturing efficiency improvements
* Conduct daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly KPI and quality reviews to monitor regular plant performance
* Ensure Health and Safety is at the forefront of daily activity
Operations Director – Skills and Abilities – General Manager / Plant Manager / Lean / Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma / Manufacturing Director
* CI and lean experience, a good track record of successfully improving operations
* At least 5 years’ operations manager experience giving you previous proven leadership experience in a growing manufacturing facility
* Must have an engineering background (both with qualifications gained, and experience working for, covering electrical and mechanical)
* Good people management ability and able to communicate at all levels
* Must be hands on with a strong change environment nature, ability to embed Continuous improvement initiatives across to sites
If this role appeals, please do apply now!Apply now