Senior Mechanical Design Engineer. Working for a successful and expanding market leader we wish to appoint a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who has experience of vehicle integration. You will have experience of designing for highly regulated markets (automotive / aerospace / rail) and understand engines / transmissions / drive systems and complex rotating equipment. It is important that you can take responsibility for people and projects so that deadlines are met. You’ll split your time between hands-on design work and managing a small but expanding team of mechanical engineers on design, test, verification and production engineering activities for vehicle integration.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Role and Responsibilities – AutoCAD / Mechanical Engineering / Rotating Equipment / Vehicle Integration / Engine / Transmission / Drive Systems / Automotive
* Design of components and parts
* Build and manage complex 3D models and 2D manufacturing drawings
* Undertaking design analysis
* Creating design layouts and schematics for design solutions
* Accountability for cradle to grave ownership of a product or design
* Vehicle integration work
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Skills and Abilities – AutoCAD / Mechanical Engineering / Rotating Equipment / Vehicle Integration / Engine / Transmission / Drive Systems / Automotive
* A minimum of 5 years experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer
* A relevant qualification in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
* Experience of designing rotating equipment with moving parts
* Team leadership / supervisory experience
* Experience of vehicle integration
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer / AutoCAD / Mechanical Engineering / Rotating Equipment / Vehicle Integration / Engine / Transmission / Drive Systems / Automotive
If this role could appeal please do apply now!