Our client, a well-established fabrication business in Brighouse, seek to appoint a Design Engineer to work alongside the design team, production team and workshop foreman.
The business design, manufacture and install fire-rated windows and doors, security-rated glazing and doors and steel windows as well as a range of architectural metalwork covering staircases, balustrades, canopies, balconies and bespoke work. The appointed Design Draughtsman will be responsible for developing and delivering design solutions to meet customers expectations in line with current regulations, system supplier parameters and job budgets.
Design Engineer – Role and Responsibilities – Architectural Metalwork / Curtain Walling / Fabrication
– Carry out site surveys to determine structural openings, datums etc.
– Develop technical solutions based on customer briefs and specifications and develop these to a stage where they can be manufactured and installed.
– Deliver compliant designs to the Production Manager that meets quality, cost and time objectives.
– Eliminate all errors and incorporates feedback and improvements into the design.
– Produce manufacturing drawings that are clear and user friendly.
– Take responsibility for personal development to ensure technical and personal skills are enhanced.
– Prepare material take offs using Logical from own and other designers drawings
Design Engineer – Skills and Abilities – Architectural Metalwork / Curtain Walling / Fabrication
– Will promote a continuous improvement culture
– Be conversant with Logical and Autocad
– Be familiar with Schueco Jansen and Forster fire rated products
– Have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
Design Engineer, Fabrication, Architectural Metalwork, AutoCAD, Curtain WallingApply now