Manufacturing Futures are currently seeking a Manufacturing Manager to lead a growing SME furniture manufacturing facility near Burnley. The successful Manufacturing Manager will have experience working for a growing SME furniture manufacturing business with a fast pace, be good at showing initiative / taking responsibility and providing clear leadership, be a good multi-tasker, keeping busy production lines running at optimum efficiency whilst maintaining a high level of quality, H&S and staff satisfaction, and have good knowledge of joinery / woodworking practices.
On offer, as well as a generous salary package and key role in an already successful but expanding company, is the autonomy to run a factory as you see fit and share in the future growth of the business. You’ll be joining an established market leader with good working practices and an already positive culture. As Manufacturing Manager you’ll be given a key role in framing future working practices and hiring decisions as the company continues to grow.
Manufacturing Manager – Role and Responsibilities – Operations Manager / Joinery / Woodworking / Production
* Best allocate labour / man power and machinery time on a daily basis to deliver product on time and on budget
* Integral role in short term an long term planning / forecasting to drive production department to meet agreed targets for a varied client base
* Determine quality control standards and ensure these are adhered to
* Monitor and review the performance of all staff to ensure KPIs are hit and exceeded. One-to-ones and appraisals, disciplinaries, training assessment and provision, interviewing and on-boarding of new hires
* Liaise with the procurement, planning / estimating, distribution and senior management to spot small issues and prevent them from becoming big problems
Manufacturing Manager – Skills and Abilities – Operations Manager / Joinery / Woodworking / Production
* At least three years’ experience in a production management role, with previous experience managing and developing a team of up to 30
* Experience of managing an SME manufacturing business through a period of substantial growth. A confident multi-tasker, capable of adapting to fast changing priorities
* Knowledge of the furniture manufacturing industry and joinery / woodworking is essential, with a good understanding of H&S around people and processes and quality standards for finished product
* Knowledge of production planning and forecasting, translating drawings from an office based environment (lead times varying from a few days to a few weeks) into clear and simple work instructions for shop floor staff
* Good leadership and interpersonal skills to lead a team of skilled and unskilled shop floor operatives to deliver finished products on time and to budget
Manufacturing Manager, Furniture, Woodworking, Joinery, Lean, Operations ManagerApply now