Our client are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer who understands the manufacture of components fit for assembly in a precision engineering / machine shop environment. You will come from a machine shop metal cutting background, have experience in a precision engineering environment, and understand lean principles. The company offers a comprehensive package which includes an excellent salary, company pension, healthcare and Life Assurance.
Manufacturing Engineer – Role and Responsibilities – Production Engineer / Process Engineer / Lean / Continuous Improvement / CNC / CAD / CAM / Precision Engineering
* Produce process sheets including full component specification
* Ensure that new designs offer both machining and assembly best practice
* Work closely with purchasing to advise on supplier selection
* Schedule work across the machine shop making sure all tools and gauges
* In conjunction with fitters, electricians and supervisors, identify areas of build hour reductions
Manufacturing Engineer – Skills and Abilities – Production Engineer / Process Engineer / Machining / Assembly / Machinery / CNC / CAD / CAM / Precision Engineering
* HNC qualified or proven experience in Production Engineering within a machining environment
* Ability to design jigs and fixture, select tooling, produce route cards etc
* Ability to programme for CNC manufacture using CAD/CAM and online if necessary
* Excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a logical mind
* Strong communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships at all levels
* Ability to work within time constraints, sometimes under pressure
Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Process Engineer, Machining, Assembly, Machinery, CNC, Precision Engineering
This is an excellent role for the right candidate. If you feel you are capable and the position appeals, please apply now!