Our client, a machine tool manufacturing business, seek to appoint a Machine Tool Fitter to their Service / Maintenance / Machine building teams. The appointed Machine Tool Fitter will often be building a range of new machine tools from scratch, but experience stripping and inspecting machines returned to site for repair would be beneficial too. You will also carry out some site based service work.
You will select parts, follow engineering drawings and work instructions to assemble and test machinery, ready for it to be shipped to the customer. You will receive an excellent salary for a a days based role in a positive atmosphere working for a large manufacturing business with excellent prospects. Previous experience of machine tools is required.
Mechanical Fitter – Role and Responsibilities – Workshop Engineer / Mechanical Engineering / Maintenance / Service / Machine Building / Machine Tools
* Building new machinery according to engineering drawings and build instructions
* Post build testing of completed machinery and subsections of machinery
* Report writing on faults as appropriate after analysing for root cause of failure after testing
* Responsible for the general cleanliness and care of personal workbench area and that of the main workshop
* Visiting customers on site to carry out service work as required
Mechanical Fitter – Skills and Abilities – Workshop Engineer / Mechanical Engineering / Maintenance / Service / Machine Building / Machine Tools
* Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent
* Prior experience of building special purpose machinery
* Able to carry out testing and fault finding
* Previous experience of new build machinery assembly
* Happy with travel to customers as required
Mechanical Fitter, Workshop Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Machine Tools, Maintenance
If this role could appeal please do apply now!