Futures are working with a highly reputable manufacturing business in the Sheffield area that is In need of a Lead Design Engineer due to an ever expanding order book! This is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer, with experience of faade and architectural design, to be a part of some of the most interesting construction projects throughout the UK.
To manage a projects design & scheduling process from receipt of order to final delivery.
DIMENSIONS (e.g. how many people report to this role, turnover, etc.)
* Project value between £100k & £15 million
* Dependant on the scale of the project up to five external designers could report to this role
* Working with CLM principle designer
* Working with CLM design and technical team
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (e.g. what objectives are set, what is this role judged on?)
* Manage external design resource and ensure programme dates are met
* Attend design team meetings with Main Contractor, Architects, Engineers etc. to discuss the project details
* Producing working drawings for CLM project phases and ensuring these drawings comply with the project specifications, customer requirements, current regulations and engineering.
* Work closely with the principle designer to produce technical submissions
* Working to meet CLM programme requirements and deadlines as well as monitoring and reporting progress
* Produce and check procurement requisitions
* Reviewing and checking drawings and procurement schedules
* Coordinating the Project design, both with in house designers and external Design subcontractors, and ensuring that any relevant project information are appropriately transmitted
* Assisting the QS by identifying variations
* Liaising with manufacturers, suppliers and site staff for the duration of the project
* Oversee the preparation of all design & technical approvals required for the project, including samples, mock-ups, drawings and technical reports.
* Ensuring CLM drawing office procedures are carried out in accordance with the Companys standards
* Mentor and train less experienced members of the team ensuring all their work meets the required standard
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY & CONTROLS (if applicable)
* Project decisions to be made as a project team.
* CLM have a unique stage design process that has been developed through years of faade and architectural design experience.
* CLM design stage process works as an enhanced project delivery method to ensure all aspects are covered.
* Qualifications – HNC level qualification or above in construction or engineering related subject (Desirable)
* At least 5 years experience in a similar role (essential)
* Significant experience in aluminium/glass facades systems (essential)
* Cladding and Rain screen systems (desirable)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, BIM (desirable) and the latest 2D industry software tools,
* AutoCAD (Essential) & Revit (Desirable).
* Technically minded with high attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (Essential).
* Ability to work effectively both alone and contributing to a team environment.
* Ability to read technical drawings and take quantities of architects drawings (Essential).