An exciting opportunity has arisen for a temporary appointment to our Local Government client in the Midlands – we are looking for two Interim Health Protection Advisors for an initial three-month period with the possibility of extending this to six-months.
The post holder will join the Public Health team to support the response to COVID-19 across the Borough.
We are looking for a someone with a background in Health Protection with an education to Masters in Public Health level, or equivalent experience. Individuals with a background in nursing or those having worked in the NHS, Public Health England or a Local Authority Public Health team might be suitable for this role. Experience of outbreak investigations is crucial.
The successful candidates will be responsible for providing expert advice to the council and it’s stakeholders on matters including: outbreak management, infection prevention and control, emergency planning, and responding to emerging and re-emerging threats.
The successful applicants will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
Key experience and skills:
– At least two years experience working in health protection
– Experience of dealing with external stakeholders including NHS and voluntary sector
– The ability to grasp concepts and translate them into simple and clear messages that are easy to understand.
– The post holder will require excellent analytical skills
– The ability to identify risks, anticipate issues and create solutions.
– Ability to investigate and manage/support a full range of incidents, including outbreaks of disease
– Leadership and people management
– Ability to work with local communities, the private sector and other officers at the highest level in other public bodies
– Ability to communicate positively and persuasively to gain support on key issues
– Ability to organise workload in the face of conflicting demands and priorities and work effectively under pressure
– Ability to work without direct supervision
In order to expedite this process, could all applicant please send over a CV and two up to date references.
This role may require you to travel across the Borough. If so, a driving licence check, including proof of business insurance and MOT will be required.
No DBS is required for this role.
Interviews will be conducting via Skype.Apply now