We are currently working with a client based in North Yorkshire who are expanding. To add to their workforce they are seeking an experienced Injection Moulding Technician to work as a Tooling Development Engineer. The Tooling Development Engineer is primarily responsible for the trial and optimisation of the moulding process to meet the needs of production.
Keywords: Injection Moulding/Polymers/Tooling Trials/Setter/Technician/CI
– Ensure tools operate with minimum maintenance and run fully automatic where possible to meet BNL specification.
– To carry out trials & setting of injection moulding machines including robots & associated ancillary equipment.
– React to and help plan tool trials and ensure all OTS dates are achieved.
– Maintain a robust planning system, in conjunction with supply chain, to provide a weekly forecast for all tool trials were
– Provide supply chain with Production Moulding Information.
– Via agreement through the Tooling Development Manager, report trial concerns directly to the tool room and agree the lead
time of corrective actions.
– When required, organise the extended trial of new products to facilitate customer requirements.
– Maintain the tool trial documentation.
– Actively participate in the development of product designs/tool concepts and assist with tool GA review when required.
– Assist with the creation and development of reaction plans for all new products.
– ssist with the specification and purchase of new plant/auxiliary moulding equipment.
– Assist the Training/guidance of mouldshop personnel to conduct tool trials themselves.
– Support production moulding operations as required.
When required, support flexible hours working to meet the demand of short lead times and high trial demand periods. In times of high demand shift working maybe required up to a maximum of one month in any one period.
Skills and Experience:
– Extensive Injection Moulding experinece
– Wide knowledge of vrious polymer materials
– Excellent problem solving skills
– Knowledge of Quality standards
– IT litereate
– Advanced Level Setter