We’re looking for a Vehicle Integration lead with a mechanical engineering qualification, a long history working within automotive OEMs and/or automotive supply chain, and good experience of fabrications, vehicles, homologation and VCA processes for vehicle certification and approval. As Vehicle integration Manager you’ll manage a team of engineers to ensure project deadlines are met and customers are satisfied alongside some hands-on support to the team where required. You’ll split your time between hands-on work and managing a small but expanding team of mechanical engineers on design, test, verification, certification and production engineering activities for vehicle integration projects.
Vehicle Integration Lead – Role and Responsibilities – Mechanical Design Engineer, Automotive, Mechanical Engineering, Vehicle Certification, VCA, Approvals
* Overall technical responsibility for providing innovative solutions to technical problems
* Challenging suppliers and engineering team / other internal departments to get the best for the product
* Responsible for ensuring the engineering teams deliver systems that meet vehicle targets to ensure certification and approval
* People management (small team) and budget control
Vehicle Integration Lead – Main tasks – Mechanical Design Engineer, Automotive, Mechanical Engineering, Vehicle Certification, VCA, Approvals
* Generate all attribute targets to support the individual vehicle requirements and meet agreed programme targets, using internal and external resources
* Establish and maintain a close working relationship with all areas, both internally and within the supplier base, and be able to motivate internal and external engineering resources to achieve innovative solutions to meet system and vehicle level targets
* Manage a small team of engineers to deliver a product that meets targets in a balanced and cohesive way
* Create design guidelines and procedures to avoid known problems, and assist engineering functions in achieving component & vehicle level performance
Vehicle Integration Lead – Skills and Abilities – Mechanical Design Engineer, Automotive, Mechanical Engineering, Vehicle Certification, VCA, Approvals
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
* Great organisational skills and attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Good knowledge of English language, MS Office and other standard software.
* Experience with HV systems beneficial
* previous experience of attaining vehicle certification and approvals
Vehicle Integration Lead, Mechanical Design Engineer, Automotive, Mechanical Engineering, Vehicle Certification, VCA, Approvals
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now