Futures are exclusively working closely with large manufacturing business that are in the market for a Head of Manufacturing to head up their operational function. The successful Head of Manufacturing will be tasked with implementing new lean manufacturing principles, managing a culture change throughout the business and liaising with the MD and COO to create a better structure throughout the manufacturing team.
On offer, as well as a generous package, is the opportunity to join a strong business looking to make real change. With the ability to make structural alterations with the backing of the leadership team, there is ample opportunity to grow within the business. We need someone capable of stepping into an Operations Directors role within the next 3 years.
Head of Manufacturing – Role and Responsibilities – Manufacturing Manager / Operations Manager / Senior Production Manager / Supply Chain Leader / Lean Manufacturing / Culture Change
– Manage all areas of production, quality and supply chain to ensure products correct specification and quality within the applicable time frames
– Implementation of lean manufacturing: we need a lean orientated business developer. Someone capable of looking deeply into the efficiencies, waste and profits to create a better working manufacturing site. Evidence of change is essential
– People management: this capable Manufacturing Manager will have the ability to work with a team of 100+ across multiple sites to ensure KPIs are being hit and manufacturing is improving
– Culture change: there are areas in the business, coupled with people, that need working closely with to ensure change is pushed throughout and sustained long term
– Manufacturing excellence: the bar is set high. We know where we want to get to and we need to guidance of an Operations Manager / Manufacturing Manager to get the company where they need to be. Contracts are already won and the capacity is there
– System and quality control: a new system has been implemented into the business to assist with the growth but its not being utilised to its full potential
Head of Manufacturing – Skills and Abilities – Manufacturing Manager / Operations Manager / Senior Production Manager / Supply Chain Leader / Lean Manufacturing / Culture Change
– Educated to a Degree level, preferably engineering discipline. Qualifications within lean manufacturing is beneficial
– Experience working within a manufacturing environment at a senior level (Head of Production, Manufacturing Manager, Operations Manager or above) with the ability to make changes
– The successful Head of Manufacturing will have the capability and experience of working with 50+ manufacturing employees that report into them. Dealing with KPIs, recruitment, disciplinaries, etc.
– Evidence of implementing new ideas into a manufacturing business to either better efficiencies, reduce waste or increase profit is essential. Lean manufacturing background is important. We have begun a lean journey and have the buy in from the employees however we need to grow upon this and ensure all is sustainable
– The ability to grow with a company, improve a business and work up into a Directors role with the right attitude, knowledge and work ethic will be the right Head of Manufacturing
If you feel you’re the right person to step into this role and make the changes to grow the company then please do apply for the role. This is a very attractive opportunity and the right Manufacturing Manager is out there