Futures seek to appoint a Head of Engineering with substantial technical and professional experience to lead a large team of design engineers through an exciting period of expansion and cultural change. As Head of Engineering you will have previous experience leading multi-disciplinary teams covering mechanical, electrical, electronic and software design. You will be comfortable communicating with engineers on complex designs whilst also having substantial people and project management skill giving you the soft skills to manage a team of circa 20 design engineers progressing multiple projects for a varied blue chip client base.
You will need to be a well-educated, highly technical and analytical engineer with a background in design engineering to be able to assist your team with the technical workload. More so you also need good people management skills to manage a large and diverse multi-disciplined engineering team and bring about positive cultural change whilst delivering multiple engineering projects for a demanding customer base at pace. You will be comfortable working in an SME/entrepreneurial environment and have the ability to bring the best out of your team.
Our client is a privately owned high growth manufacturing SME supplying customers worldwide from two production sites. Manufacturing includes many customised elements and utilises mixed technologies: mechanical, electrical, electronic and software. It has a healthy pipeline of new business opportunities and is on track for significant profitable growth over the next 3 years. The business is vertically integrated and owns all of its own IP.
Head of Engineering – Role and Responsibilities – Design Manager / Electronics / Engineering Director / Mechanical / Electrical / Software
– Oversee the design of new products and plan the engineering resource required for new projects as required by the business
– Direct engineering resource to produce new designs for a varied customer base
– Liaise internally with sales/quality/production/operations/programme management and externally with key customers as part of the senior leadership team to ensure the timely and cost effective completion of design and development projects
– Handle multiple design projects to meet company deadlines. Prioritise engineering resource
– Commercial acumen facilitating involvement in bids and tenders. A key role in setting strategy for the company
– Create a cohesive team culture amongst the engineers and embed a can do attitude within the teams
Head of Engineering – Skills and Abilities – Design Manager / Electronics / Engineering Director / Mechanical / Electrical / Software
– Degree in Engineering or equivalent
– Minimum of 10 years’ industrial experience in a design engineering role
– Highly technical engineer with an innovative approach to design
– Good working knowledge of integrated design involving mechanical, electrical, electronic and software elements
– A people leader who can get the best from people and create a team
– Design for manufacture background and experience of leading DFMEA
– A resilient self-starter who sets high standards for themselves and others
Head of Engineering, Design Manager, Electronics, Engineering Director, Mechanical, Electrical, Software
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now