Our client, a manufacturer for the rail industry, is seeking to appoint Mechanical and Electrical Fitters to their Service / Maintenance teams. This is a primarily site based position with minimal travel. The Fitter’s will select parts, follow engineering drawings and work instructions to assemble and test rail equipment, ready for it to be shipped to the customer. Previous experience in rail is required.
Fitter – Role and Responsibilities – Workshop Engineer / Mechanical Engineering / Maintenance / Service / Electrical Engineering
* Building new equipment according to engineering drawings and build instructions
* Post build testing
* Report writing on faults as appropriate after analysing for root cause of failure after testing
* Responsible for the general cleanliness and care of main workshop
Fitter – Skills and Abilities – Workshop Engineer / Mechanical Engineering / Maintenance / Service / Electrical Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent
* Prior experience of working in the rail industry
* Able to carry out testing and fault finding
Fitter / Workshop Engineer / Mechanical Engineering / Maintenance / Service / Electrical Engineering
If this role could appeal please do apply now!