Our client, an electro-mechanical manufacturing business, seek to appoint an Engineering Supervisor (Mechanical Design) to manage the design and development activity of a team of design engineers. The appointed Engineering Supervisor will have at least 10 years’ experience in mechanical engineering as a design engineer coupled with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior design engineer role taking the lead on the design of complex products.
You will need to be a well educated, highly technical and analytical engineer with a background in mechanical design engineering to be able to assist your team with the technical workload. You also need good people management skills to manage a medium sized and diverse engineering team. This role would suit an existing Senior / Principal Engineer with experience of managing a small team looking to take their first step into a more senior management role.
Engineering Supervisor (Design) – Role and Responsibilities – Senior Design Engineer / Design Manager / Mechanical Engineering / Engineering Manager
– Oversee the design of new products and plan the engineering resource required for new and existing projects as required by the business
– Direct engineering resource to produce new mechanical designs for a varied customer base
– Liaise internally with sales/quality/production/operations and externally with key customers as part of the senior leadership team to ensure the timely and cost effective completion of design and development projects
– Handle multiple design projects to meet company deadlines. Prioritise engineering resource
– Commercial acumen facilitating involvement in bids and tenders and frequent customer engagement
Engineering Supervisor (Design) – Skills and Abilities – Senior Design Engineer / Design Manager / Mechanical Engineering / Engineering Manager
– Degree in Design / Engineering or equivalent (as a minimum)
– Minimum of 10 years’ industry experience in a mechanical design engineering role
– Highly technical engineer with an innovative approach to design
– Good working knowledge of mechanical engineering
– Previous experience of supervising projects and other team members
Engineering Supervisor, Mechanical Design Engineer, Design Manager, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Manager
If this role could appeal, please do apply now!Apply now