Our client, an electronics manufacturing business, seek to appoint an Engineering Manager (Electronics) to manage the design and development activity of a large team of design engineers. The appointed Engineering Manager will have at least 15 years’ experience in design engineering coupled with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior / principle design engineer role taking the lead on the design of complex designs and substantial people and project management skill.
You will need to be a well educated, highly technical and analytical engineer with a background in design engineering to be able to assist your team with the technical workload. You also need good people management skills to manage a large and diverse multi-disciplined engineering team. This role would suit an existing Senior / Principal Engineer with experience of managing a small team looking to take their first step into a more senior management role.
Engineering Manager – Role and Responsibilities – Principle Design Engineer / Design Manager / Electronics / Engineering Director
– Oversee the design of new products and plan the engineering resource required for new projects as required by the business
– Direct engineering resource to produce new designs for a varied customer base
– Liaise internally with sales/quality/production/operations and externally with key customers as part of the senior leadership team to ensure the timely and cost effective completion of design and development projects
– Handle multiple design projects to meet company deadlines. Prioritise engineering resource
– Commercial acumen facilitating involvement in bids and tenders. A key role in setting strategy for the company
Engineering Manager – Skills and Abilities – Principle Design Engineer / Design Manager / Electronics / Engineering Director
– Degree in Design / Engineering or equivalent (as a minimum)
– Minimum of 10 years’ industrial experience in a design engineering role
– Highly technical engineer with an innovative approach to design
– Good working knowledge of electronics
– Experience of feasibility studies, advising commercial teams and adding technical expertise to sales function
Engineering Manager, Design Engineer, Design Manager, Electronics, Engineering Director
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now