Our client are a food manufacturer in the North West who are looking to appoint an Engineering Manager to manage their mid-sized team of engineers This is a 24/7 operation so flexibility on working hours is needed to best manage the team but predominantly you will be working a 9 to 5 days shift pattern. The appointed Engineering Manager will have at least five years management experience in an FMCG environment and good mechanical and electrical skills. On offer is a market leading salary and excellent benefits package.
Engineering Manager – Role & Responsibilities – Head of Maintenance, Mechanical, Electrical, Maintenance
– Day to day management of a team of shift based maintenance, project, continuous improvement and automation engineers and technicians
– Co-ordinate engineering resource for PPMs, reactive breakdowns, CAPEX projects and continuous improvement activity
– Implement and drive forward a lean culture to incrementally improve efficiency
– Work with other teams to facilitate and introduce FMEAs- Occasional management of capex projects
Engineering Manager – Skills & Abilities – Head of Maintenance, Mechanical, Electrical, Maintenance
– Degree or equivalent in engineering or manufacturing
– Proven ability to implement maintenance and PPM strategy to increase OEE and minimise unscheduled downtime. Previous experience of TPM preferred
– Formal Lean training covering Kanban, Kaizen, 5S, etc. Six Sigma preferred
– Whilst a management role you will be leading from the front as an active participant in departmental activity
Engineering Manager, Head of Maintenance, Mechanical, Electrical, Maintenance
If this role could appeal, please do apply now!