Our client, an electronics manufacturing business, seek to appoint an Engineering Director to manage the design and development activity of a team of design engineers. The appointed Engineering Director will have at least 15 years’ experience in design engineering coupled with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior / principle design engineer role taking the lead on the design of complex designs. This is still a hands on role where you’ll have input into the day-to-day of design work alongside running the team.
You will need to be a well educated, highly technical and analytical engineer with a background in design engineering to be able to assist your team with the technical workload. You also need good people management skills to manage a large and diverse multi-disciplined engineering team. This role would suit a previous Senior / Principal Engineer with experience of managing a mid-sized team looking to take their first step into a more senior management role. It is important you have a broad base within electronic engineering.
Engineering Director – Role and Responsibilities – Principle Design Engineer / Design Manager / Electronics / Engineering Manager
– Oversee the design of new products and plan the engineering resource required for new projects as required by the business
– Direct engineering resource to produce new designs for a varied customer base
– Liaise with sales/quality/production/operations and with key customers as part of the senior leadership team to ensure the timely and cost effective completion of design and development projects
– Handle multiple design projects to meet company deadlines. Prioritise engineering resource
– Commercial acumen facilitating involvement in bids and tenders. A key role in setting strategy for the company
Engineering Director – Skills and Abilities – Principle Design Engineer / Design Manager / Electronics / Engineering Manager
– Degree in Design / Engineering or equivalent (as a minimum)
– Minimum of 10 years’ industrial experience in a design engineering role
– Highly technical engineer with an innovative approach to design
– Good working knowledge of electronics
– Experience of feasibility studies, advising commercial teams and adding technical expertise to sales function
Engineering Director, Design Engineer, Design Manager, Electronics, Engineering ManagerApply now