Our client are a design and manufacturing business that seek to appoint an Engineering Director to manage the design and development activity of a team of R&D engineers. The appointed Engineering Director needs to have at least 15 years’ experience in design engineering (whether mechanical, electronic or software) alongside at least 5 years’ experience in a senior / principle design engineer at some point in their career.
You will need to be a well educated, highly technical and analytical engineer with a background in design engineering to be able to assist your team with the technical workload. You also need good people management skills to manage a large and diverse multi-disciplined engineering team. It is important you have a broad base within engineering and manufacturing to manage a multi-disciplined team.
Engineering Director – Role and Responsibilities – Design Engineer, Design Manager, Engineering Manager, Electronics, Mechanical, Software
– Oversee the design of new products and plan the engineering resource required for new projects as required by the business
– Direct engineering resource to produce new designs for a varied customer base
– Liaise with sales/quality/production/operations and with key customers as part of the senior leadership team to ensure the timely and cost effective completion of design and development projects
– Handle multiple design projects to meet company deadlines. Prioritise engineering resource
– Commercial acumen facilitating involvement in bids and tenders. A key role in setting strategy for the company
Engineering Director – Skills and Abilities – Design Engineer, Design Manager, Engineering Manager, Electronics, Mechanical, Software
– Degree in Design / Engineering or equivalent (as a minimum)
– Minimum of 15 years’ industrial experience in a design engineering role
– Highly technical engineer with an innovative approach to design
– Experience of feasibility studies, advising commercial teams and adding technical expertise to sales function
Engineering Director, Design Engineer, Design Manager, Engineering Manager, Electronics, Mechanical, Software
If this role could appeal, please do apply now!Apply now