Our client is a high volume manufacturer in Halifax, they are looking to appoint an EHS Officer to promote and ensure Environmental, Health and Safety adherence. The role would suit an existing EHS Officer or a Graduate with 1 years’ experience in a similar role as training and further qualifications (NEBOSH) can be provided.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Ensure site compliance with EHS legislation, company directives and KPIs.
– Provide the site with relevant EHS information.
– Support establishment in cooperation with other managerial functions and with associates representatives, environmental,
health and safety policies, procedures and safe systems of work.
– Provide data and advice and act as the management representative for the EHS Management systems.
– Ensure site compliance to EHS training requirements.
– Conduct Site EHS training requirements including but not limited to EHS Inductions
– Ensure continual improvement of EHS systems.
– Ensure site Risk Assessment/JSA register is kept up to date.
– Monitor and measure waste and energy use for the site
– Monitor and review sire environmental aspects and impacts
– Any other reasonable management request
Environmental,Health and Safety/Manufacturing/Risk Assessments/Tech IOSH/EHS Officer/Safety
COMPETENCY / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
– Educated to a degree level or equivalent, and the ability to demonstrate equivalent experience
– NEBOSH or willingness to work towards
– High level of Interpersonal Skills to work effectively with associates at all levels.
– Good Oral and Written Communication skills.
– Planning and Organizational abilities.
– Ability to work under Time Pressure.
– Microsoft Office software
– Ability to Influence
This is a great opportunity to join a company which will offer good career prospects further training and development.
If this appeals to you please APPLY NOW !Apply now