Are you a Data Scientist with a particular interest in predictive data analytics and the ambition to be part of an exciting new sector? You might be in academia or the business world and feeling like a cog in a much bigger wheel, with little opportunity to make a real impact? Are you up for jumping into a new role in a pioneering, scaling business at the forefront of its market? If this sounds like you, we have an out of the ordinary new role to invite you to look at!
Data Scientist – The Company – Predictive Analytics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Data Science
Our client is a transformational technology business, taking advanced technologies into uncharted territories. The company has pioneered a new approach to help industry to enable data capture processes to gain a better understanding of components and systems, reduce wasted energy and significantly improve efficiency and longevity of moving parts and machinery.
With a strong challenger mindset, and good funding behind them from a larger parent company, they aim to transform the way customers think and offer a range of innovative solutions and business models to create value and enhance sustainability. They are at the front of the industrial sector shifts towards digitisation and automation. Working from sites throughout the North, but with a global reach, the business is undergoing rapid expansion and building out its technical and commercial capabilities. This is your opportunity to be part of the journey.
Data Scientist – The Role – Predictive Analytics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Data Science
* Extract, data mine and define meaning from raw data and manage key data signatures providing crucial analysis and reporting, the outcome of which should have significant benefits to the bottom line.
* Working with large datasets to analyse and interrogate data and develop new models to support strategic objectives.
* Working for a variety of customers, identifying opportunities to improve current systems, processes and infrastructure – proposing changes, testing and roll out.
* Work closely with key stakeholders across the business to contribute to the bigger picture strategy and performance of the business.
* Scoping out new data science projects with stakeholders.
* Proactively make suggestions on how Data Science can help the business.
* Work effectively in cross functional teams, specifically with the Software Development Team, on key business wide analytical projects.
Data Scientist – Responsibilities – Predictive Analytics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Data Science
* Highly numerate with Degree qualification in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, or similarly quantitative field
* Experience in statistical modelling, machine learning, data mining, unstructured data analytics, natural language processing.
* Proficiency in statistical and other tools/direct coding languages, e.g Python / C.
* Familiarity with relational databases and intermediate level knowledge of SQL. Sound understanding of a wide range of statistical techniques.
* Advanced excel skills and advanced analytical techniques e.g. regression analysis, predictive analysis, data mining
* Agile Methodologies
Data Scientist – Your skills – Predictive Analytics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Data Science
* Inquisitive, not afraid to try new things
* Entrepreneurial and well-organised
* Self-motivated and driven
* Collaborative and exceptionally team orientated
* High self-motivation and ability to work autonomously
* Excellent interpersonal skills dealing with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation
Data Scientist, Predictive Analytics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Data Science
Intrigued? Interested? Excited about this proposition? Please get in touch, we will be delighted to explore this with you.Apply now