Based in the North West our client are a leading edge engineering SME providing automation (materials handling, conveyors, PLC panels, robotics) to OEMs throughout the country. As a highly innovative and progressive design and manufacturing company they have their own in-house manufacturing facility to produce their bespoke designed products..Engineering innovation has always been a fundamental part of their business. The company is now launching an exciting program of new projects and initiatives for advanced automated engineering solutions which will take the company into cutting edge technologies over the next five years and beyond.
Controls Engineer – The Role – Automation / PLC panels / Conveyors, Robotics
You will be part of a small team of cross functional engineering specialists within the Process and Controls Engineering department. The teams overall purpose will be to look at new concepts, introducing new technology to the company, implementing new developments, overseeing new projects and assisting the manufacturing department in Project delivery.
Reporting to the Process & Controls Manager, the Controls Engineer will be a key role and will be accountable for undertaking the full Project Life Cycle, developing PLC / HMI / SCADA software and designing control systems across a broad range of projects.
Controls Engineer – Key Responsibilities – Automation / PLC panels / Conveyors, Robotics
* Working closely with the senior stakeholders of the business, to provide Controls engineering expertise for a broad range of projects and new product developments.
* Implement upgrades and improvements to existing Controls systems
* Implement new software developments for Projects and product developments
* Undertake the full Project Life Cycle, including project planning, documentation, testing, customer interface and commissioning.
* Develop and implement new PLC/ HMI designs and modifications to existing ones.
* Development and maintenance of SCADA
* Display excellent analytical skills, with the ability to specify and implement new innovative Controls systems.
* Good communication with all stakeholders ensuring full compliance to designs and budgets.
* Identify and provide solutions that meet the highest levels of Health & Safety, Quality and Regulatory standards.
* Provide regular and up to date reports on progress of projects to senior management.
Controls Engineer – The Candidate – Automation / PLC panels / Conveyors, Robotics
We are looking for a proactive and experienced Controls Engineer who also possesses a sound electrical, process and mechanical knowledge, and is familiar with ladder logic, safety systems and inverter drives. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a desire for a hands on role and who can apply their knowledge across a variety of applications. As important is the ability to be a quick learner and to analysis problems using engineering principals to present relevant ideas and solutions.
* A suitable degree in electrical / controls / software engineering would be advantageous, along with project management experience, coupled with at least five years experience in a related field.
* A hands-on approach, with the ability to liaise with all levels within the organisation, and with a strong desire to work within a dynamic team with exposure to a wide variety of projects.
* Highly competent in the use of MS Word, Excel & Project (or equivalent).
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Controls Engineer / Automation / PLC panels / Conveyors, Robotics
If this role could appeal please do apply now!Apply now