Futures seek to appoint a Continuous Improvement Manager to develop and deploy systems, thinking and behaviours throughout an already successful manufacturing business. It is important that the appointed manager is an excellent communicator to motivate and directly engage employees. The biggest challenge of this role will be to change the mind set of established and successful workforce. You need to be able to convince departments that are good of how they can be better still, and why they should look to make changes when they are performing profitably at present. Equally you will need to be concise at board level to report back on progress. You must have extensive previous experience of improvement events / kaizen, visual management, and co-ordinating improvement activity at multiple sites. It is also very important that you have held operational management roles in the past.
Continuous Improvement Manager – Role and Responsibilities – Improvement Events / Kaizen / Visual Management / Lean / Process Improvement / Operations Manager / Manufacturing Manager
* Lead the deployment of lean across multiple departments
* Hands-on leadership and facilitation of improvement events, ensuring active participation and buy-in
* Drive direct labour productivity through process improvements
* Deployment of a visual management operating system
* Implementation of a continuous flow line flow with supporting management operating system and organisation
* Work in strong collaboration with sourcing and supply chain functions to develop a lean supply-base
Continuous Improvement Manager – Skills and Abilities – Improvement Events / Kaizen / Visual Management / Lean / Process Improvement / Operations Manager / Manufacturing Manager
* Educated to degree level or with appropriate work place experience/qualification
* Black-belt equivalent formal training in Lean Manufacturing (TPS) and leading improvement events / kaizen
* Ability to teach others effectively. Trainer skills certification preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proven presentation skills, including use of common tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Ability to engage a cross-functional team towards a desired outcome. Previous experience coordinating complex projects successfully
CI Manager, Improvement Events, Kaizen, Visual Management, Continuous Improvement, Operations Manager, Manufacturing Manager
If this role could appeal please do apply now!