My client, an automated machinery manufacturing business, seek to appoint a Commissioning Engineer to undertake Factory Acceptance Tests and to commission new installations. You will also be involved in providing support and technical training for customers. The appointed Commissioning Engineer will be client facing but also hands-on and would be suited to a multi skilled Maintenance Engineer or Service Engineer with an electrical bias and strong PLC knowledge.
Commissioning Engineer – Role and Responsibilities – Service Engineer
– Participate in the build phases periodically to learn the mechanics and electrical controls system of the product being built.
– Create commissioning project plans.
– Provide support and technical guidance of any unforeseen design, manufacturing or site issues and provide formal detailed explanations to the client and company as to the concerns and counter-measures and impact to the commissioning time line.
– Providing technical support and system familiarity training as and when if required
– Create technical commissioning reports and progress updates throughout the commissioning phase
Commissioning Engineer – Skills and Abilities – Service Engineer
– Good knowledge of PLCs including S7, Rockwell, Allan Bradley or Mitsubishi
– At least 5 years experience in a maintenance/service engineering position
– Customer facing experience
– Happy with regular travel for up to 10 days at a time anywhere nationally or internationally.
– Must hold UK passport and driving licence
Maintenance Engineer, Commissioning Engineer, Automated Machinery, Engineering, Field ServiceApply now